- 3+ years’ experience in cloud infrastructure engineering.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and code collaboration platforms.
- Proficient understanding of IaaC frameworks, Terraform is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of AWS, primarily Lambda, API Gateway, RDS Strong.
- Self-motivation and self-management.
- Ability to work in a fully remote setting.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
We’re excited if you also have these capabilities:
- Experience working with teams using Agile development processes.
- Experience with international donor-funded projects.
If you do have a Github profile, kindly include your work reference or link in your resume.
What we ask of you:
- Take a task and run with it - there’s very little hierarchy.
- Speak up. We all learn every day. Ask for help, say when you need something.
- Be forthcoming and accountable. About time, scope, questions, needs, options, deliverables.
- Be nice to work with. Nothing extraordinary was ever achieved alone.
- Exercise a product frame of mind: persistent drive to design and build structures that are repeatable and scalable.
- Demo, Deploy, Repeat. Think about how to show, rather than tell, what you’re building. Engage with real systems and real world data as soon as possible to validate and learn.
What you need to bring:
- Comfortable working with small groups in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams.
- Energy, boundless curiosity, open-mindedness.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Respect for audiences and users. Willingness to step into someone else’s shoes (and the imagination to do so).
Why you want to work with us:
- Real-world impact and state-of-the-art science. We develop technology and products that save lives and help organizations do more with fewer resources. We break new ground in AI by creating systems that learn from sparse, complex data in some of the most challenging environments on earth.
- We are growing rapidly and engaged in many of the most important issues of our time. Being part of MACRO-EYES is rich in opportunity.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits.
- Work with an amazing group of people.
- Work from almost anywhere. This role will be remote with the freedom to choose how and when to work. Our remote team was executing at the highest level before COVID-19, and we expect to continue to be a largely remote, high-performing team. In continuation of defying the trend, we will open our first physical offices in 2022. You will have access to your choice of hardware and a travel budget to interact with the distributed team in person.
MACRO-EYES is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued. MACRO-EYES is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. MACRO-EYES does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Disclaimer: Due to large volumes of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.