Macro-Eyes is recruiting a Designer to bring artificial intelligence to life through visual communication. This role will be a blend of visual storytelling for communications and marketing, data visualization, and technology interface design. You will create a galaxy of interwoven representations of artificial intelligence (AI), data, and the connection between the digital and physical worlds. You will tell stories of global impact with representations that will engage national leaders and frontline health workers around the world with the most advanced technology on the planet. Your success will result in scaling life changing solutions for the world’s most vulnerable populations.Your designs will save lives.
Macro-Eyes works with foundations, corporations, governments in the developed and developing world and NGOs: different audiences that require different messages. Success in this role will be measured by your ability to translate complex technology into clear messaging for appropriate audiences. The consistent hurdle in deploying AI is building trust – trust develops as our audiences understand how the AI we build brings value to the world.
If this multi-dimensional opportunity is exciting, please apply here.
MACRO-EYES technology makes crucial systems predictive. Predictive systems are resilient, enabling our customers to save lives and extend the impact of scarce resources. We have a mandate to deliver social impact, global presence and an international machine learning team led by MIT faculty. The Macro-Eyes team has built and shipped cutting-edge machine learning systems that run at large US health systems and on-device in the most challenging environments in the world. Macro-Eyes is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, and USAID and has partnered with Stanford, the US Air Force Research Laboratory, UNICEF, the Government of Tanzania, the Government of Mozambique, the Government of Sierra Leone, and Direct Relief. Accenture spotlighted Macro-Eyes product Sibyl as critical digital health technology of the future.
Radical innovation is at our core. Our work together will advance the frontier of machine learning and health, bringing the most advanced technology solutions in the world to where they are needed most. Radical innovation is at our core.
The Designer will report to the Chief Business Officer and work with the Chief Design Officer who is also a Professor of Design at Pratt Institute of Design. The Designer will collaborate with our Communications and Program Management teams to simplify our story, making our value proposition resonate with people who have little to no exposure to AI.
1. Develop a visual communication strategy: Build a consistent strategy for utilizing design and visualizations across the organization. You will work with leadership and the Director of Communication to design how we visually engage the world. You will bring sight to sound – elaborating, clarifying, simplifying and bringing to life the messages embodied in our communication strategy.
2. Program visualization: Programs have stakeholders with varying levels of education, interest, and expertise. The approach and impact of our programs must be understood equally across these many audiences. You will work closely with Macro-Eyes Program Managers to build and distribute project specific communications.
3. Product visualization: STRIATA is supply chain mission control. STRIATA is a platform that predicts what stock will come off the shelf, who will show up to be a consumer, the capabilities and contents of each site. STRIATA learns from satellite imagery, the public internet, sensors, and consumption data.
4. Media: Macro-Eyes leads the field in bringing AI to crucial systems [healthcare and national security]. We make AI work in some of the most challenging environments in the world, addressing problems that the global community has considered unsolvable. Our work is unprecedented. The technology we build can save lives and preserve resources. Our message must be heard. You will develop visual content for media engagement and draft content for publication and for appropriate social media platforms. If Macro-Eyes were a media company, why would people seek out our content? How can the look and feel of our content reinforce the message?
5. Build your team: Catalyze efforts to grow the design team. Identify internal needs for team growth, participate in the design and hire of design team members and consultants.
6. See and experience where our work is deployed: This position requires the ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time, with continuous periods of up to two weeks possible. That said, who knows when exactly global travel will again be possible.
The Macro-Eyes team is spread across Zambia, Kenya, Germany, Switzerland, South Africa and works from all corners and peninsulas of the United States. We believe in recruiting the best talent in the world, regardless of location -particularly now! This role will be remote with the freedom to choose how and when to work. Our remote team was executing at the highest level before COVID-19 and we expect to continue to be a fully remote, high-performing team. You will have access to your choice of hardware and a travel budget to interact with the distributed team in person. Macro-Eyes has a rigorously horizontal culture that values diversity of every kind.
Competitive compensation and generous benefits.
Macro-Eyes is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued. Macro-Eyes is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Macro-Eyes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.